Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Banner continued








Ok. I was trying to figure out how to do the temple. Felt? Stencil? Then I went to a craft store, and lo and behold they had a vinyl version of the same size and view that I was looking for. When I talked to the lady whose banner I saw 3 years ago, she told me that she used something called ??Nillium?? Coat lining?? For the temple. No one on earth knows what that is. BUT the craft store lady came up with shiny gray/silver fabric used to make ironing board covers! So I put the vinyl thing on the silver stuff, and it looks pretty good! Here it is. Then I made some paper templates. I want a kind of sunrise look behind the temple with the words, "LOVE, WORK, ACHIEVE," one to a circle. I think I'll free-hand embroider those on. Traci, I miss you and your embroidery machine. But especially you. :-) Here are the circles. I just used a compass and cut 'em out of the felt. I free hand traced some bush and tree shapes and cut them out too. I have a friend who knows a lot of stuff I don't and she helped me figure out what to do to tuck under the excess silver to put the sunset pieces behind the temple. I didn't put a picture of that, but it's yellow, light orange, and dark orange circles. Then I think I'll hand applique everything on to the base fabric. I'm feeling very impressed with myself that I'm finally doing this after 3 years. It doesn't take a lot to impress me, obviously! Love, Amy

2 comments:

无薇不至 said...

I like your family very much,you look so happy.

Amy B said...

Thank you! We ARE happy!