Saturday, September 27, 2008

Things you think in the middle of the night...

Does anyone else do this?? I wake up as I turn over at night (for some reason I did that a lot last night), and little thoughts come out that didn't have a chance during the day. For example: "I need to teach the younger kids to write in their journals." I don't know why, but it occured to me that there are things I've taught my older kids that the younger ones haven't learned yet. All three of the olders know how to get a bathroom reasonably scrubbed. I taught Grant a couple of years ago but haven't been very consistent. Same with the journals. I think it's a great thing if a kid can write down joys and sorrows, frustrations and great accomplishments and look back at them later. I do that, even though I don't write very often. The other thing I thought when I woke up last night (different time) was: " I'm so grateful I didn't have huge mental problems when I was born because Mom had German Measles while she was pregnant with me." I know that some will beg to differ, but you'll have to go beg somewhere else. For those who don't know this story, the doctors told her she needed to have an abortion because I would be born so severely challenged. She was so worried, but did NOT want an abortion. My dad gave her a blessing, she felt completely at peace, and here I am! I hope it all turned out ok, Mom!

2 comments:

sunirmal das said...

happy to see your blog
sunirmal das
india
kolkata
burdwan

Donna A. said...

I think we slightly change out thought process during sleep (or the process getting to sleep) quite frequently as there is less stimuli around to distract and confuse. Make sense? I do 3am thinkfests all the time, too.

(Sidenote: stumbled on the blog, thought I would comment!)