Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Hey! It's Working!











I can't believe how relatively simple this family banner making has been. Caroline calls it our "Tribal Flag." YEAH! I'll post some pictures as I go to show how I did it. These are blank patches I got at the Scout office. Everyone drew (on paper) something that represents them. Interest, talent, whatever. Then I drew them on the patches with fabric marker. These patches are Rob's and mine. Rob's is a picture of the amazing "SUPER SPINEMAN!" complete with cape, and of course,...a spine. I am a tree hugger. I love trees, planting trees, sitting under them, looking at them. Tree hugger. The next two are for Daniel and Scott. Daniel loves anything mechanical. Robotics, legos, inventing things. Also marching band (that's not a football field, it's a marching field, complete with trumpet, clarinet and drum, in case you were confused. Scott is a stick figure master. He can portray any situation with sticks. He also loves to ripstick (twisty skateboard on 2 caster wheels), so his pic is of him going up a ramp on a ripstick. The original showed him flat on his back headed for the ambulance, but we opted to keep it positive. :-)
The next two are for Caroline and Grant. Caroline "loves a good book." We can't keep her out of them. A couple of years ago her grades were starting to slip because she KEPT READING in class. The consequence was that I took her books away. Whole bookcase, out of her room. She had to get special permission to read. Have you ever seen anything like that? Ok, so I did the same thing. Sue me. Grant is a "math-head." Can you see his hair says, "32 div. by 8 = 4?" He is SO GOOD at it. The last ones are Julie and Allie. Julie is a friend-maker. We've always said that she gathers friends like ants gather crumbs. Allie is the Smile Queen.
They are very simplistic drawings, but I told everyone that did their own that they had to be-I wanted to see the detail, not just a smear of marker. I don't know how to move pictures around where I want them so I'll post this and then do another one for the rest of it.

No comments: