Thursday, October 2, 2008

New Goals

I guess I'm taking a couple days off from finishing my project. Just turns out that way. I'd better get going or it will end up in my closet for another 3 years!
For those of you who don't know this already, I am doing "The Biggest Loser" with a group of my new friends here in Pocatello. We meet every Wednesday to get weighed. We lose points for eating junk food. We get points for drinking enough water, no eating after a certain time (7 pm for me...I would like it earlier, but Rob gets home too late and we really ought to eat all together...), and the biggie, EXERCISE. Which sounds like a real drag. But actually, it's been so much fun! Every week we have a different challenge, which gets us more points. We get points for weight lost, inches lost and body fat % lost. A couple of weeks ago I actually ran a 5K! Ok, so I walked a lot too. Shin splints. But I ran! A 5K! I've been doing these abdominal exercises and have mended the relationship with that quadrant of my body! in other words, I can suck it in, and it stays there longer than 5 seconds! Goodbye chubby buddy! I've been doing pushups (up to 25 at a time on a good day!) and reverse arm presses (anyone? what the heck are those really called??) and my "Relief Society Jiggle" is giving up the ghost. Wandering off looking for more tolerant pastures. Or something. After the bout with Grave's Disease last year I had absolutely no upper arm or thigh muscles. Someone stole them in the middle of the night and they were missing in action. They have been retrieved from the garbage can from whence they were tossed and I keep getting surprised that I can feel something there. DON'T MESS WITH THE WIFEY! YEAH! So the big challenge in addition to our regular weekly challenge is to get 50 points this week and lose at least 1 lb. I haven't done a whole lb. for a couple of weeks now and 50 points is a lot. Rob's so impressed that I'm actually doing this. Sometimes I don't get a chance to do my pushups all day, and I've done them at 10 pm. Husband impressed = 20 point. No, just kidding. But it makes me happy. :-) Wish me luck. I'm going to have to walk up my huge steep hill TWICE a day this week. I'll let you all know how it goes. Love, Amy

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

You are seriously awesome! I would love to be in a group like that but guess what? I don't want to be the one to organize it! Ha!

Now go get working on your banner!

Missing you today.

Terry Neff Allen said...

This sounds so fun, but...seriously you were already perfectly beautiful! I've lost 13 lbs since July 1st...and am swimming and weight-lifting. I should lose another 5+, but I'm in my "smaller" jeans and am losing enthusiasm. If you were here...maybe I'd keep going!

Katie said...

Hi!
Now that I know you're a blogger, I can make comments on YOURS. So, it was great seeing you today for the baptism and you LOOKED GOOD. I can tell you're well on your way to being the biggest loser of your group. HEE HEE that sure sounds funny because you know I LOVE you.